Friday, September 24, 2010

MUTTERINGS #27: A QUIET BEER...


There I was is sitting at the bar staring at my beer when a large, trouble-making biker steps up next to me, grabs my drink and gulps it down in one swig.

"Well, whatcha gonna do about it?" he says, menacingly, as I looked at him sadly.

"Come on, man," the biker says, "I don't want you to break down and cry. I can’t stand to see a man crying."

"This is the worst day of my life," I said. "I'm a complete failure. I was late to a meeting and my boss fired me. When I went to the parking lot, I found my car had been stolen and I don't have any insurance. I left my wallet in the cab I took home. I found my old lady in bed with the gardener and then my dog bit me."

"So I came to this bar to work up the courage to put an end to it all.

I buy a drink, I drop a capsule in and sit here watching the poison dissolve; then you, you jack-ass, show up and drink the whole thing! ...... But enough about me, how's your day going?"


Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe. :-D

Nasir said...

There was a silver lining after all, LOL..........

Veen said...

Yes there surely was a silver lining there!