Sunday, December 26, 2010

MUSIC #81: JEFFERSON AIRPLANE – JEFFERSON AIRPLANE TAKES OFF 1966 (ENGLISH)


One of the momentous rock groups of the 1960’s, Jeffreson Airplane was formed in San Francisco California in 1965 and a pioneer of psychedelic rock movement. The band performed at all three of the most famous American rock festivals of the 1960s—Monterey (1967), Woodstock (1969) and Altamont (1969). The group's debut LP Jefferson Airplane Takes Off was released in September 1966. I give this album 4 stars with my favourite being “It's No Secret”.


Jefferson Airplane: Jefferson Airplane Takes Off 1966

Side One

1. Blues from an Airplane

2. Let Me In

3. Bringing Me Down

4. It's No Secret

5. Tobacco Road

Side Two

1. Come Up the Years

2. Run Around

3. Let's Get Together

4. Don't Slip Away

5. Chauffeur Blues

6. And I Like It



Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

lugworm said...

Thanks Veen, I would have managed 5 for this one. I remember it from my wild-and-trying-to-regain-control period; I think we all have one of those. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Veen. Never heard this before, but I must say liked it.

Regds / Babu

Veen said...

Maybe I would have given it a 5 too if I had some wild experiences to connect with the songs! To be honest, I wasn't even born then... Maybe just a twinkle in my daddy's eye, laugh...

You are welcome Babu. Glad to be able to expand your repertoire of music. What is your favourite, if you don’t mind me asking?

Anonymous said...

I think I liked track 4 on side one, "Its No Secret" better than the others. May be I am prejudiced by your write-up. Not sure. Need to listen to the whole album a few more times to decide.

Veen said...

Smile...yes Babu Saab, please don't take my words for it. I'll leave you to listen to the album a few times to decide for yourself. You may even agree with Bob for the 5 star rating, to which I will review my opinion of the album.