Ek Chadar Maili Si (The Blanket Is Sullied) is a dramatic movie directed by Sukhwant Dhadda and adapted from the novella of the same title written by Rajinder Singh Bedi.
It depicts the tale of Rano (Hema Malini), who after the death of her husband Triloka (played by Kulbhushan Kharbanda) is forced to ‘marry’ her brother-in-law Mangal (Rishi Kapoor) who is 10 years younger than her and whom she treats as a son. The ceremony of “chadar dhalna” takes place, where a blanket is erected between the widow Bano and her brother-in-law Mangal and then removed to signify that Mangal is now her husband (although Mangal is in love with Raaji, played by Poonam Dhillon) and will take on the responsibilities of his deceased brother Triloka.
It is therefore no surprise that following the theme of the movie, the music of Ek Chadar Maili Si is intense and dramatic. It is composed by Anu Malik with lyrics by Makhan Singh, Sudarshan Fakir, Farooq Qaiser and Sardar Panchi.
My verdict: 4 stars
PS: For an in depth review of this movie, check out this posting at PICTURESQUE.
- Mata Rani De Darbar – Dilraj Kaur and Chorus
- Is Duniya Mein Aurat Kya Hai – Asha Bhosle
- Mar Gayee Mar Gayee 1 – Asha Bhosle and Gurcharan Kaur Bagan
- Maa O Maa Sherewaliye – Mohd Aziz and Chorus
- Log To Mandir Masjid Jayen – Asha Bhosle and Shabbir Kumar
- Mar Gayee Mar Gayee 2 – Asha Bhosle and Gurcharan Kaur Bagan