Sunday, January 16, 2011

MUSIC #89: EVERGREENS – GREAT INSTRUMENTALS 1969 (INSTRUMENTALS)


The best of Polydor’s conductors and orchestras in one album. I give this recording 4 stars.

Evergreens – Great Instrumentals 1969: Instrumentals

Side One

1. Spanish Eyes – Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra

2. A Man And A Woman – James Last and His Orchestra

3. Guantanamera – Kai Warner and His Orchestra

4. Mexico – Roberto Delgado and His Orchestra

5. Love Is Blue – The Peter Thomas Sound Orchestra

6. Mr Sandman – Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra

Side Two

1. Games That Lovers Play – James Last and His Orchestra

2. Georgy Girl – The Peter Thomas Sound Orchestra

3. Capri Serenade – Kai Warner and His Orchestra

4. Strangers In The Night – Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra

5. La Bamba – Roberto Delgado and His Orchestra

6. Lara’s Theme – James Last and His Orchestra



Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

lugworm said...

G'day Veen, another great compilation. The problem being... as I get older some of the evergreens get a bit limp. I wonder how many times I can listen to the good old evergreens before they finally wither and die? Ah well! Lady Ga Ga is waiting in the wings.

Anonymous said...

Some of my favourite tunes! I adore La Bamba, Spanish Eyes, and so many of the others... I remember, when I was a kid, Indian TV used to be very fond of James Last. Just about every week, they'd have a half-hour programme (and this at a time when TV programmes were shown only for about 5 hours a day!) I loved that. His band was SO good.

Veen said...

Bob...the secret is to balance the evergreens with the Ga Ga's....and everything else in between!!! Maybe you should try listening to Bollywood, LOL....

Yes Madhu, JL rocks and he is still performing to this day, at the age of 82!

Ansh said...

Hi Ven
love all your posts and uploads. It was a chance discovery to discover your blog and such a vast collection of music.
I like what you poat and the vinyl rips that you have uploaded. Keep the good work going.
The only thing that i would like to mention is that
the rips that you do of all the vinyl.. when i listen to them on my system i always find the treble and the high frequency sounds a little bit too low.
I am not an audiophile but this is like a layman's observation.
I can mail you some files of the same songs just to compare
thanks and best regards
anshul

Ansh said...

Hi Veen
love all your posts and uploads. It was a chance discovery to discover your blog and such a vast collection of music that you are sharing...
I like what you post and the vinyl rips that you have uploaded. Keep the good work going.
The only thing that i would like to mention is that
the rips that you do of all the vinyl.. when i listen to them on my system i always find the treble and the high frequency sounds a little bit too low.
I am not an audiophile but this is like a layman's observation.
I can mail you some files of the same songs just to compare
thanks and best regards
anshul