Friday, October 15, 2010

MUSIC #60: LAKHON ME EK 1971 (HINDI OST)


Lakhon Me Ek (literally translated = “one in a hundred thousand” but actually means “One In A Million”) the album is just as it name suggests….a rare gem that has gotten lost in music obsecurity, in my opinion, only because the film did not boast the superstars of the era. It did however star the Bollywood comic of all time, Mehmood. I know I saw this movie as a kid but I have to admit I can’t remember much, if any actually, about it. Another DVD to add to my want list, that’s for sure.

The album is by Rahul Dev Burman and lyrics are by Anand Bakshi. The most famous and popular song from this album is “Chanda O Chanda” and one of my favourites. Check out the youtube clip included in this post. Next on my list would be “Main Tera Naam”, a very ‘cabaret’ sounding tune but unfortunately, I could not find any clippings for it. Would have really loved to see the dance scene….so if anyone out that has a clipping, please do share! And then there’s “Jogi O Jogi”, a real hoppity tune that had me imagining Jeetendra and Leena Chandravakar, doing their crazy dance scenes in beat with this tune. And if you like parody tunes, “Mere Samne Wale” will surely get you going! So sit back and enjoy this one in a million soundtrack.



My verdic: 4 stars


Lakhon Me Ek 1971 – Original Soundtrack

Side One

1. Chanda O Chanda – Lata Mangeshkar

2. Ye Duniya – Mohd Rafi and Asha Bhosle

3. Main Tera Naam – Asha Bhosle

Side Two

1. Jogi O Jogi – Lata Mangeshkar and Kishore Kumar

2. Chanda O Chanda – Kishore Kumar and Lata Mangeshkar

3. Mere Samne Wale – Manna Dey and Asha Bhosle

4. Title Music – Instrumental


PS: Thank you Mr Naidu for finding the song clip of "Main Tera Naam". Here tis'.



Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

Veen said...

Hi all...you can access the music by clicking on my rating picture or the ALBUM TITLE before the music listing.

I will not be putting links in the comment folder in the near future.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3rp9sak3ks7vs02/Lakhon%20Me%20Ek%20OST%201971.rar

Mister Naidu said...

Thanks, Veen. RD Burman music is always welcome. Just gave it a quick listen and I also like Chanda O Chanda and especially Main Tera Naam.

Btw, here's the link for Main Tera Naam @ http://www.youtube.com/user/UltraHindi#p/search/1/NeJsuxI-EJk

The whole movie with subtitles is @ http://www.youtube.com/user/UltraHindi#p/search/6/2hsddx3OSLs

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Veen. I was in fact waiting for this upload. Always liked the 2 versions of Chanda O Chand and then the duet, Jogi O Jogi. Never had the long playing version of this album. Finally, its a bit disappointing to see even the LP has the same truncated version of Kishore's Chanda O Chanda, like it was on the SP. On the whole a great album.

Warm Regds / Babu

Veen said...

Mr Naidu, thanks for finding the Main Tera Naam song and movie link. I love it!

Hi Babu, next time if you see an album that you like, just ask friend, and I will upload it for you "fhatta fhat" OK :)

Hmm...indeed a pity about the KK version of Chanda O Chanda.

Nasir said...

Chanda o chanda and Jogi O jogi were popular during those days. Of course, the name of Mehmood continued to be a draw as usual. Radha Saluja was better known by DO RAHA role which was something on par with CHETNA of Rehana Sultana.

Veen said...

Thanks nasir saab. I need to find the movies you mentioned.