Wednesday, October 13, 2010

MUSIC #59: THE CITY SLICKERS – A GO! GO! 1960s (INSTRUMENTAL)


I tried and I tried, I looked everywhere….I could find no reference to this band….all I got from Google was City Slickers, the definition from Wikipedia and the Hollywood movie starring Billy Crystal. Then I found a reference to Spike Jones with his back up band, The City Slickers. Not sure if it’s the same, but check out this WIKIPEDIA link. So sorry folks, no-can-give-info; but most appreciate some, if you had. Ta.

Regardless, not one of the better instrumentals (reading the commentary on the back of the LP one would not have thought so) but there are some old time favourites here and also, the different genres of music. So basically, there is something here for everyone. If I had to describe this album, I’d call it elevator music. See if you agree. My rating: 2.5 to 3 stars.


The City Slickers: A Go Go (1960’s)

Side One

1. Everybody Loves Somebody Sometime (Foxtrot)

2. Born Free (Slow Rock)

3. My Love (Twist)

4. More (Cha Cha Rock)

5. Some Sunday Morning (Fox Trot)

6. Somewhere My Love (Waltz)

Side Two

1. Red Roses For A Blue Lady (Fox Ttrot)

2. Strangers In The Night (Slow)

3. Secondhand Rose (Fox Trot)

4. I Wish You Love (Cha Cha Rock)

5. Poison Ivy (Twist)

6. The Wedding (Slow Rock)



Share/Bookmark

No comments: