Monday, November 1, 2010

MUSIC #67: THE STYLISTICS – THE BEST OF THE STYLISTICS 1975 (ENGLISH)


I remember listening to this on 8 track cassette, for the first time, on the road trip from our home in Kluang (Bat Town), Johore to my grandparents’ for holidays. By this time, dad had his Datsun 120Y, painted yellow orche... the colour of poo I used to say. I thought it was the most awesome car ever. Obviously, I had no taste as a child! Hmm...questionable now too...

The Stylistics was formed in Philadelphia in 1968 with lead singer Russell Thompkins, Jr., Herbie Murrell, Airrion Love, James Smith, and James Dunn. The Stylistics went on to become one of the most successful soul groups of the first half of the 1970s, achieving twelve straight U.S. R&B top ten hits. Their hits include "Stop, Look, Listen (To Your Heart)", "You Are Everything", "Betcha by Golly, Wow", "I'm Stone in Love with You", "Break Up to Make Up", and "You Make Me Feel Brand New" (my favourite).

My verdict: 4 stars.


The Stylistics: The Best Of The Stylistics 1975

Side One

1. You Make Me Feel Brand New

2. Betcha By Golly Wow

3. Rockin' Roll Baby

4. Break Up To Make Up

5. You're A Big Girl Now

6. Doin’ The Streets

Side Two

1. I'm Stone in Love With You

2. Heavy Fallin’ Out

3. Let's Put it All Together

4. You are Everything

5. People Make the World Go Round

6. I Got A Letter



Share/Bookmark

No comments: