Monday, May 10, 2010

MUSIC #04: MANTOVANI/HOLLYWOOD (INSTRUMENTAL)


I thought I had to wait till end of this week before I could upload any music but then I realised that I had a couple of albums uploaded on Mediafire.com. I also realised that I have not shared the music for Dr Zhivago. I will do this sometime next week when my internet account resets for the next billing period.

So for the time being, sit back with a nice port or sherry and enjoy Mantovani and his Orchestra, and his take on the popular movie themes of the 1950s and 1960s. Chin Chin!

MANTOVANI/HOLLYWOOD: Instrumentals

Side One

1. Born Free – Barry/Black

2. Lara’s Theme (from “Dr Zhivago”) – Jarre

3. Goldfinger – Barry/Bricusse/Newley

4. Ben Hur – Rozsa

5. A Taste Of Honey – Scott/Marlow

6. This Is My Song (From “A Countess From Hong Kong”) – Chaplin

Side Two

1. You Only Live Twice – Bricusse/Barry

2. The Magnificient Seven – Bernstein

3. Tara’s Theme (from “Gone With The Wind”) – Steiner

4. Lawrence Of Arabia – Jarre

5. Zorba The Greek – Theodorakis

6. The Bible – Mayuzumi

Veen’s rating: 3.5 stars



Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

memsaab said...

Oh how fun is this!!! Thanks so much for sharing :)

Veen said...

My pleasure Greta. More of this kind to come. Watch this space.

Unknown said...

great blog!
there r real goodies here and im wondering how can i hear some, can u help me please?
btw keep on good working...

Veen said...

Thank you Tassos. I will upload music again soon and let you know

Unknown said...

Veen

your work is amazing
thanks

please add this post link, i could not find anywhere

thanks thanks a lot